THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

In my last post, I explained that I was looking for a great grasscloth wallpaper for our office.  Well, I found a few examples that show how great this fabric will look on the wall! 

Here is a darker version:


And here's a great lighter version:


Either way, from what I've read it is a great wallcovering option for an office - grasscloth wallpaper is made of many different types of natural grasses such as jute, seagrass, and bamboo.  Because of the multi-textural dimension of the fabric, this type of wallpaper easily hides pin-pricks in the wall made from hanging different paperwork in the office.  It also provides a great contrast to the many bright white built-in bookcases that line the walls of the office.

I found it interesting how grasscloth is harvested and the product is made.  A site I found explains, "Grasscloth wallpaper begins with the harvesting of the natural fibers. Many of these grow along wetland areas, stream banks and mountainous regions. The fibers are isolated from leaves, sometimes fermented and individually chosen for their natural beauty. They are woven together alone or in combination with other grasses and fibers, producing hundreds of different styles."

I find it so interesting that we can layer these type of grasses on the wall to create a natural, harmonious element within a space that is usually used by a person while they are highly focused and possibly anxious.  Maybe this wallpaper will have a calming effect while we both work hard on our graduate degrees!?  I also love that we're bringing nature's elements into the house.  Because this home is in a river-front community, using grasses that line a riverbed seems perfect!

0 comments: