THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, December 6, 2010

First Things First

Immediately after move-in, I have plans to complete two items fairly quickly, in order to get the house 'finished' to my liking.  First, I need to get someone over to drywall our currently unfinished laundry room, drywall inside of our pantry to 'finish' it (currently it is a a cavity tucked into the hallway with 2x4s for shelving), and to reframe and drywall around a window the current owners had replaced with a smaller one.  I'm anticipating this to be a no-nonsense step that can easily be completed by a handyman, of which we have a few recommendations from friends.  Although I'm sure David and I could hang the drywall, it is important to me that the drywall hung be professional, so that the room can stand up to the next rounds of decorating. 

(Pictures of the unfinished areas to be posted soon).

During this time, our job is going to be ripping down all existing crown molding and baseboards that don't live up to our standards.

Then, I can get to painting (and even wallpapering.. )!  I have a few color schemes in mind, and I'd like the opinions of friends and family on which ones to go with.  We're looking at neutrals in shades of brown, blue, green, yellow, and grays that can all flow well together.  We don't want our house to look like an easter egg, so each shade will have barely a touch of the primary color included over a greyish tan base.  I'm going for a 'coastal' look with soft calming colors that make everyone feel comfortable wherever they may be in the home.  I'd also like to bring the feel of Wilmington with us to Edgewater!  These colors seem to all go well together and pretty much any furniture or decorating scheme will mesh with these ideas.  Definitely no more primary colors or hard solids on my walls!

Soon, I will have a floor plan up so that it will be easier to evaluate each option, but take a look at these colors:


Sherwin-Williams:  Urban Putty (For Entrance, Living Room, Hallways)

Here's a picture of it in a home:



Sherwin-Williams: Rainwashed -2nd Color Down (For Kitchen and Dining Room)  Is this more of a blue or green?  It looks different in various pictures I've seen it utilized!

Here is a picture of it in a home: (Looks green here, doesn't it?)


And I'm not sure what this very very light purple/gray is, but I love it.  I found this off of the Martha Stewart website and will need to do some more research.  I'd like this color in the bedroom downstairs:


More to come soon!  I've found an amazing sawgrass wallpaper for the office, and have to track down the yellow I'm looking for. 

1 comments:

Ashley.E said...

we must have similar taste. our entire downstairs is quietude. such a great palette! it has a hint of green but it's not overwhelming.

after painting our entire interior i HIGHLY suggest getting those little tester quarts before painting the entire room. also, sign up with sherwin williams for their frequent buyer program...you automatically get money off paint and supplies along with great coupons in the mail and email.